One - Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
This soup is called One-Pot Beef Vegetable Soup because only one pot is required. No need to dirty up other cooking pans. What could be simpler than cooking from start to finish, all in one pot? Just add the ingredients as you go.
Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
- submitted by Kimberly M. -Pa, USA
"Few dishes are
as versatile or
©Tea Party Circle
- 2 large carrots - chopped
- 1 medium super sweet onion - diced
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pound tenderloin tips - bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon - pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon soul seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 32 - 48 ounces beef broth -low fat and low sodium
- 46 ounces vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 3 packets of rich brown seasoning sauce (such as George Washington's)
Fresh or frozen vegetables:
- 1 pound sweet corn
- 1/2 pound cut green beans
- 1/2 pound peas
- 1/2 head of cut broccoli
- 1/3 head of cut cauliflower
- 1 pound lima beans
- 1 medium potato - diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
In an 8 quart (or larger) stock pan, sauté carrots, celery and onion in butter and olive oil until clear. Partway through cooking add 1/2 inch of water.
Next, add tips and braise with garlic powder, onion powder, seasonings, and oregano.
Add broth to braised tips, and set heat set to medium. Use less broth for thicker soup or more for thinner soup.
Pour in the vegetable juice and seasoning sauce.
Next, add the six vegetables.
Simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours. During the last half hour, add the potatoes and parsley.
*Note: If freezing this soup, do not add potatoes or you can add when heating the soup or just add already cooked potatoes.
Top of Beef Vegetable Soup page